Thursday, August 2, 2012

Music

Music has always been incredibly big in my life. When I'm in a good mood, I can bust a move to a good song. When I'm mad, I can turn my "angry hate music" on, and let out some frustrations and anger. When I'm sad, I can turn on something sad or upbeat to try and cheer me up. Regardless, I can always seem to relate to lyrics of every genre. I think I can thank my Dad the most for having an appreciation for music. Growing up, we'd play (what I call) the music game. A song would come on the radio and Dad would ask, "Who is it?" If I couldn't figure it out right away, he'd give me not-so-subtle hints :) I do this now with my kids, and my husband...ok and some of my friends too. When I'm editing photos, I've got music on. When I'm cleaning the house, I've got music on. When I'm showering or getting ready, I like to have music on. Basically, I LOVE music and I've been trying to think of ways that I can do more with music. I have no instruments that I can learn to play on. I used to play piano & violin, but neither lasted long. I've been singing more, and the girls tell me that I sing good. Maybe one day I'll get up the courage to record my singing and post it for everyone to hear, and critique.

No comments:

Post a Comment