Monday, August 6, 2012

More Structure

So, I thought the girls could use a little more structure in their day. Rather than wake up whenever they feel like it, I thought it would be good to get them into a school schedule. So I'll be waking them up around 8am so they can eat breakfast. Then we'll go for a walk, do arts/crafts, have story time, have music time, and then they like to participate when I do my stretches and some workouts. We're trying things out today. So far, it has worked out well. We went for a walk (and came across a VERY large and scary spider). When I routed our path online, it turned out to be just under a mile. We played with foam stickers to make pictures. They colored on an activity pad. We sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and "The Alphabet Song". I read 4 books to them. We also made jello cake, which unfortunately won't be ready to eat until tonight. We'll do dinner tonight, take showers and be in bed by 8:30. I'm very ready to have them back on a schedule - the summer has us all off.

No comments:

Post a Comment